Friday, May 25, 2012

Sound Cards

Hi folks!

Today I will be covering the audio card. I am wrapping up all the components that go inside your computer and the only things that are left are hard drives and peripherals (Mouse & Keyboard). There are of course other accessories you can include like headsets, speakers, fan controllers, lcd displays but those are not necessary for your basic build to be complete so I will talk about them in other posts as I encounter them myself. Remember I myself don't earn a lot of money so budget sometimes stops me from getting the stuff of my dreams ^_^. Also if you guys want me to talk about something in particular, please feel free to ask and I will post my opinions and suggestions about them.

So why would you need an Audio Card? Audio Cards are very good at giving you that depth of experience to truly enjoy your games, movies and musics. Motherboards all come with on board sound options but since they are on the board, you end up sacrificing some power and capabilities to put them on board. Detaching it from the board gives you more power and more capabilities.

Two of my favorite companies in this are Asus and Creative. My opinion is that if you want a sound card more for gaming, go for Creative and if you are interested in music more, go for the Asus ones.

ASUS (http://usa.asus.com/Multimedia/#Audio_Cards)

ASUS Xonar Essence STX


One of the best audiophile cards you can find out there. It comes with a built in headphone amp to deliver amazing sound to your headphones. Will give you better sound no matter what headphones you are using. Comes with 6.3 mm headphone jacks for high-end headphones (Adapter for 3.5mm connectors also included) Selling for $189.99. It uses the PCI-E x1 slot on your motherboard.








Other cards to consider from ASUS
ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E x1
Price $89.99
Good for gaming if you are on a budget.

ASUS Xonar DGX 5.2 PCI-E x1
Price $39.99
Good for gaming if you are on tighter budget

ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 PCI
Price $29.99
If you have a PCI slot only and extremely small budget, consider this. Good for gaming.


CREATIVE (www.creative.com)
One of my favorite brands and always a very tempting option for me. Check them out, you will not be disappointed.

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional



The next generation of Sound Blaster cards, this card is great for gaming and online voice communication. It features a Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor that will give you enhanced gaming audio and crystal clear voice. It has a dedicated headphone amp to power studio quality headphones and headsets. Selling for $149.99. Requires a PCI-E x1 slot.






For $50 more, you can get a Recon3D Professional card with a Sound Blaster I/O Drive to give you front facing Headphone and Microphone inputs as well as volume and THX TruStudio Pro Controls. Check out these links here and here to find out more about it.











Other cards to consider
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E x1
Price $146.99
Has Audiophile components to provide great music and gaming audio.

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI-E x1
Price $99.99
A Recon3D card for those on a smaller budget. Good for Gaming

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 PCI
Price $29.99
Extreme budget option requiring a PCI slot.

Hey answer something for me. Have you noticed the Fatal1ty thing? Creative has a Fatal1ty named sound card and ASRock has a Fatal1ty named Motherboard. Coincidence? Well no Fatal1ty is actually the gamer name for Jonathon Wendel who is described as the world's most famous PC gamer. Check out his website www.fatal1ty.com to learn more about the product lines that carry his name.

That's it for this post. I will talk about hard drives in general in the next post and then talk about my various dream build ideas and then on to the exciting world of peripherals where, hopefully some exciting and unique things will be presented to you ^_^

Until then,
Kiyoshi Out

No comments:

Post a Comment