Friday, May 11, 2012

AMD Motherboards

Hi Folks,

Well today I will be reviewing the AMD side of the story.

AM3


IF you went with the AM3 socket CPU's you can take a look at the AM3 motherboards.
Some good ones are as follows

ASUS M4N98TD EVO which is retailing currently for $129.99

MSi 890GXM-G65 which is retailing for $121.99

AM3+


The AM3+ is the new AMD line of processors. There are quite a few good motherboards out there that you can find and they are also very reasonably priced. The ones that I liked are as follows

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Retailing for $184.99, the Sabertooth boasts a large area for heat dissipation and is very good at keeping temperatures low. It has 3  PCI -E 2.0 x16 slots which will come in very handy should you decide to go the Nvidia SLI route or the AMD CrossfireX route.






ASRock 970 Extreme4

Selling for $99.99, The 970 is a very good motherboard for those who are on a smaller budget. It still gives you Three PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots and 5 SATA 6Gb/s connectors and used with care, it should give you years of satisfaction.




Now knowing that I have already bought the FX-8120, you know I was going to get a AM3+ board. Out of all the options I looked at, there was one particular board which caught my eye right of the bat and no matter what I compared it too, I just could not see myself changing my opinion.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula



The Crosshair V is from ASUS's Republic of Gamers line and as such comes with a huge host of options. It has a wide array of ROG overclocking tools and an advanced UEFI BIOS as well. (To learn more about UEFI you can click here.)  It also has an  Intel Gigabit LAN port for very fast network connections and it has a lot of power saving options as well. The Crosshair also comes with Creative's SupremeFX X-Fi-2 built right in to the motherboard which gives you amazing sound for gaming and music. It is retailing at Newegg for $219.99.



Next blog I will be talking about Video Cards.

Till then,
Adios Amigos
Kiyoshi out!



No comments:

Post a Comment