Friday, November 23, 2012

My Build + Wish List


Hello everyone!

Today I thought it would be a good idea to post my build so far. I will also be listing stuff that I am looking out for to install in the near future.

CASE:

COOLERMASTER HAF 912 (www.coolermaster.com)

The case is serving me well so far. I want to put in more fans in it. In the near future there will be one 200mm intake fan in the front, one 140mm intake fan on the side (with a filter to block the dust) and one 200mm fan on the top for exhaust. The rear fan will be used for the Liquid Cooling I will installing for the CPU. Not a custom cooling setup mind you.

A good case but as time progresses, it might be small for my purposes but until that time comes, it rocks!




CPU:

AMD FX-8120 (www.amd.com)

The FX-8120 has been good enough for everything I have thrown at it so far. It hasn't been pushed yet with any of the tasks I've had it perform.

Though I would like to update it with the new FX-8320 that was recently released. It has better power draw and more performance.

Gaming wise, the CPU has been just fine.






MOTHERBOARD:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula (www.asus.com)

The board has been amazing! It has so much to offer and I haven't even scratched the surface. It has a lot setting to go through so it will take time to learn the board.

Though if I want PCI-E 3.0 video cards, I will have to swap this for an Intel build as AMD currently doesn't have any PCI-E 3.0 motherboards. Of course that is quite a ways away.

The on board audio is great!




VIDEO CARD:

XFX DOUBLE D HD-695X-CDFC (www.xfxforce.com)

This card has also been stellar. I am able to everything I have tried so far on very high settings. Most of the games I play in 1920 x 1080 and it hasn't disappointed so far!

I wish I could buy 2 more and put it in 3-Way CrossfireX but these cards are slowly disappearing from the market. Might have to rush.







RAM:

CORSAIR Vengeance (www.corsair.com)

2 x 4GB DDR3 1600. They have been great and I have zero complaints from them. I want to buy two more in red and push my system RAM to 16GB.

They are a good buy and are pretty cheap at the moment so go for it!









POWER SUPPLY:

CORSAIR TX750W PSU (www.corsair.com)

A very reliable PSU that I would reccoment to anyone. It will handle any near future upgrades as well and I think it will be okay in the 3-way Crossfire X as well. Of course I will only know that when I get the two other cards! ^_^










AIR COOLING:

COOLER MASTER HYPER N520 (www.coolermaster.com)

Less than happy with this purchase though. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just that I want my CPU cooled even more and that is out of this cooler's league.

Replacing soon!









HARD DRIVES:

HDD:

1 320 GB SATA II Western Digital 3.5" (OS, Games, Softwares)
1 320 GB SATA Hitachi 2.5" (Data: Pictures, Videos and Music)

SSD:

1 180 GB SATA III Intel Series 330 (Games) (www.intel.com)

This was on sale for an awesome price and I had to have it. I have been pleased with it thus far.

One weird thing I ran in to. I wanted to do a fresh install of my windows on it but my product key was no longer recognized by windows 7. I have no idea why so for now I have to settle for using it is a gaming disc.

Ridiculously fast!





OPTICAL DRIVE:

Samsung 22x DVD Burner SATA Model (www.samsung.com)

This drive was on sale and I bought it. It has been a rock solid drive and I would recommend it to anyone!












FUTURE LIST:

CPU COOLER

CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i (www.corsair.com)
















CORSAIR Hydro Series H70 CORE (www.corsair.com)

















COOLERMASTER Seidon 120M (www.coolermaster.com)
















I am trying to decide between these three cpu cooler's for now. In the absence of a decent budget for custom cooling, these are the next best thing. I would probably replace the stock fans they come with for more powerful fans but let's see.

FANS:

This is a list of the fans I am currently interested in. What I may end up buying may change but for now

COUGAR Vortex (www.cougar-world.com)

This is the 120mm fans that I am looking to get for my CPU Cooler. They will be set up in a push-pull setup. They have a Hydro-Dynamic Bearing which will give long life and good performance.

Plus the color looks awesome!









NZXT FS200RB (www.nzxt.com)

I would buy two of these for my case. One in the front for intake, one on top for exhaust. Or I could also go with two 120mm in the front and two 120mm on top. I have quite a few choices so let's see what I end up doing.

For now though this is what I am thinking of.








NZXT FX140LB (www.nzxt.com)

A great 140mm fan to consider for the side of my case as an intake fan. It can be set at three different speeds for an optimal airflow.

Plus I am liking the fact that I will have white fans showing through the front, side and top.

Hmm... now that I think about, I should put white fans on the CPU Cooler as well.






VIDEO CARD:

For now, the idea is to buy two more of the same card I have though that might not be possible since they are fast disappearing from the market. I might buy something else if it comes to that.

AUDIO CARD:

ASUS Xonar DX (www.asus.com)

A neat little card that can handle 7.1 surround sound. For now this is what I am thinking.

















SSD:

SAMSUNG 840 Series (www.samsung.com)

The 840 Series is Samsung's newest offering. It is the top of the line and arguably one of the fastest drives out there. All that and Samsung's phenomenal reliability makes this SSD hard to beat. I would get the 128GB and use it as a OS Disk.








HDD:

1 1.0TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA III.

A great drive for a great price these days.

OPTICAL DRIVE:

ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Burner (www.asus.com)

A great blu-ray burner with awesome speed!


















MOUSE & KEYBOARD:

ROCCAT (www.roccat.org)

The ROCCAT Kone+ is  great mouse to consider with good button placement and awesome reliability.












The ROCCAT Isku is a great compliment for the Kone+ and it looks awesome!










CORSAIR (www.corsair.com)

The Vengeance M60 looks sweet and is great for FPS gaming.
















The Vengeance K90 is perfect for MMO gaming.

I feel the combination will be best for me as I play FPS, RTS and MMOs almost equally.








HEADSET:

ROCCAT (www.roccat.org)

I think I am falling in love with anything ROCCAT and this great headset is no different. The ROCCAT Kave is a 5.1 surround sound gaming headset which is lightweight and great to use. The sound is crisp and it will give you endless joy!

















CORSAIR (www.corsair.com)

A great headset for gaming, the Vengeance 1500 boasts 7.1 surround sound and good weight to give you long hours of gaming.

Looks sweet!















FINAL THOUGHTS:

That is pretty much everything I have planned for my build in the near future. After this my next project will be a Intel-Nvidia build. Though when that happens remains to be seen.

Kiyoshi Out!

1 comment:

  1. Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, CPU Liquid Cooling Fans in UAE, Vortex Omega 120mm Fans in UAE
    https://pcdubai.com/cougar-helor-omega/
    Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1633670130977-10

    ReplyDelete